Rauhalahti Holiday Centre’s cancellation and accommodation terms and conditions
A person who books a cottage must be 18 years of age, and a person who books a holiday home must be 22 years of age.
The accommodation day in the holiday and camping cottages begins at 4 p.m. and in the holiday homes at 3 p.m. The accommodation day in the cottages ends at 12 noon.
The accommodation day in the recreational vehicles and tents begins at 6 a.m. on the arrival date and ends at 11 p.m. on the departure date.
Cancellation terms and conditions
If you are unable to come to the area, the reservation must be cancelled immediately by phone or e-mail. If you have already paid for the reservation, you can ask for a reimbursement by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a payment is refunded, an office fee of 20 € is always deducted
For reservations less than one week, the reservation can be cancelled the day prior to the start of the reservation until 4 p.m. For a cancellation made after this time, the Centre has the right to charge the price for one accommodation day.
For a reservation that lasts one week or more or concerns multiple accommodation units, the customer may make the cancellation without charge 7 days before the start date of the reservation. For cancellations made later, the Centre has the right to be compensated for the agreed price as follows:
3-6 days before the start of the reservation, 50% of the value of the reservation for the time period that the accommodation unit could not be rented again.
less than 2 before the start of the reservation, 100% of the value of the reservation for the time period that the accommodation unit could not be rented again.
Reservations made for times during special events (e.g. Midsummer and Sawo Show) may be cancelled free of charge 30 days before the start date of the reservation. For cancellations made later, the Centre has the right to be compensated for the agreed price as follows:
8-29 days before the start of the reservation, 50% of the value of the reservation for the time period that the accommodation unit could not be rented again.
less than 7 before the start of the reservation, 100 % of the value of the reservation for the time period that the accommodation unit could not be rented again.
Special event reservations are always paid in advance, either in the online store or against an invoice. If the customer has not made the payment by the due date, the service provider may unilaterally cancel the reservation and return the object to be rented. Note. Not paying for the reservation is not a cancellation! If the customer does not cancel their reservation and the object remains unrented due to the unpaid reservation on it, the price of the reservation in its entirety is charged to the customer that did not arrive.
The cancellation of additional services, such as a sauna reservation, must be done on the preceding day by 4 p.m. For a cancellation made after this time, the Centre has the right to charge the entire price of the reservation.
Departure before the agreed upon time: full price is charged for the time not used
Service provider's right to cancel a reservation
The camping area is not responsible for a reservation cancellation due to force majeure. In this case, the customer has the right to be reimbursed for the possible payment for accommodations made in advance. The service provider's liability is limited to reimbursing only the paid amount, and there is no obligation to provide a compensatory object. In a force majeure case, the service provider may offer to change the reservation, to the extent possible, to another form of accommodation as an alternative to cancelling the reservation.
Group refers to a party that has reserved at least three accommodation units. The group must submit a list of names and room distribution in advance. The group discount is 5% of the normal prices of the accommodation units.
Accommodation and cleaning the cottage
The key is picked up and returned at Rauhalahti Holiday Centre’s reception (Rauhankatu 3, 70700 Kuopio). In the winter, picking up the key must be agreed upon separately, and the key is left on the kitchen table upon departure. The customer is responsible for ensuring that the windows and doors are locked. The person who made the booking is responsible for the key and cottage during the rental period. If the key is forgotten, we charge 75€ for opening the door (90€ at nights 11 p.m. - 6 a.m. and on holidays). If a key is lost, we charge the costs resulting from locksmith services.
Customers are required to use sheets, a sleeping bag etc. If you sleep without sheets, we can charge for washing the bedding. Linen is included in the accommodation price in holiday houses and holiday cottages. Linen is not included in the price in camping cottages. If necessary, disposable sheets can be bought at the camping area reception. Final cleaning is included in the accommodation price. The customer is, however, required to put things in their original places, clean the dishes, empty the refrigerator, take the trash to the collection point and take bottles and cans with them. Spilled liquids, stains etc. must be removed. Linen is removed and left on the bed. We reserve the right to invoice the customer in arrears, if cleaning the cottage requires extra cleaning or the use of special detergents.
If a customer behaves in violation of the general rules and regulations of the camping area or acts against instructions given by the camping area staff and does not cease to cause the disturbance despite a warning given by a representative of the camping area, the camping area has the right to discontinue the reservation immediately. Actual costs resulting from all of the above-mentioned procedures are charged to the person who made the booking.
Damages, deficiencies and claims
All remarks related to the furniture and condition of the accommodation unit must be addressed to the camping area’s staff immediately, whereupon they can be fixed or compensated already during the accommodation. If the flaw cannot be fixed or compensated on site, you must make a written claim regarding the matter. Likewise, the customer is responsible for notifying the Centre immediately and compensating the damages caused to the accommodation unit or other camping area buildings and their furniture. Unreported damages are invoiced according to actual costs in arrears. The person who made the booking is fully responsible for ensuring that the rented accommodation unit stays in good condition during the accommodation reservation. The service provider is not responsible for problems caused by a third party (for example, breaks in the water or electricity network, the data communications or television network)
Number of persons
The greatest number of persons permitted in an accommodation unit is the same as the number of beds and extra beds. The number of persons must be declared with a traveller form no later than at check-in, and it cannot be exceeded.
Obligation to provide traveller information
In accordance with the Accommodation Act, a traveller must fill out a traveller form before accommodation. The customer has the option to fill out and print an electronic traveller form at www.suomicamping.fi, which speeds up the accommodation process at the camping area. The traveller form must be filled out no later than at check-in. A penalty is imposed under criminal law on neglecting the obligation to provide information and giving false personal information.
Smoking is permitted only outside the accommodation areas. With regard to unauthorised smoking indoors, the service provider has the right to charge for the additional costs resulting from cleaning and ventilation.
Pets are permitted in the accommodation areas, but advance notification must always be made. Please make sure that your pet has its own bed if necessary, a pet's place is not on the bed or couch. The fee for pets in the holiday homes and holiday cottages is 10 € /day for the accommodation period. The pet fee does not compensate damages caused by the pet or additional laundromat costs for textiles. The illness of a pet does not entitle you to cancel a reservation. The customer is responsible for cleaning up after their pets in the managed grass areas.
Lost items are kept for 3 months and can be claimed at the reception free of charge. The customer is responsible for costs resulting from shipping the lost items.
The service provider has the right at anytime to change the service, its content, its availability and the terms and conditions of this agreement by informing the customer of the change on its website. The changes will come into force immediately, however, in such a way that the terms and conditions that were in force at the moment the reservation was made are always applied to the customer’s reservations.
RULES AND REGULATIONS – RAUHALAHTI HOLIDAY CENTRE
1. Upon arrival, check in at the reception and prove your identity if requested.
2. Fill out the traveller form.
3. Follow the staff's instructions with regard to making payments.
4. The group leader manages the accommodation for groups.
5. If you arrive late or leave the area early, avoid unnecessary disturbances.
1. Follow the staff’s instructions on choosing the camping place and placing the recreational vehicle, tent and vehicle.
2. The distance between the recreational vehicles and tents should be at least four (4) metres.
3. Group accommodation tents must be agreed upon separately.
4. Overnight stays are permitted only in recreational vehicles, tents and cottages.
5. Fixed arrangements and structures around your camping place (for example, a flagpole, terrace, fence, ditch) are forbidden without permission from area staff.
6. Follow cleanliness and given instructions in the cottages.
Staying in the area
1. Making a fire is permitted only in marked fireplaces.
2. Bringing guns, dangerous steel weapons and other disturbing and dangerous objects to the area is forbidden.
3. Vests or clothes that can refer to criminal activity or are easily associated with it are forbidden.
4. Be considerate around the clock regarding the volume level when playing the radio, television and music.
5. Make sure that your children’s playing does not disturb other guests.
6. Playing ball games is permitted only in designated areas.
7. Pets must be kept on leash and taken out only in designated areas.
8. Unnecessary idling of motor vehicles is forbidden.
9. Avoid the unnecessary use of motor vehicles in the area and follow the speed limits and traffic signs.
10. Exceptionally loud vehicles, such as cars, motorcycles, tractors etc., must be kept in the parking area outside the area.
11. Quiet time is 12 midnight - 6 a.m., at which time driving a car, loud discussion, listening to music etc. making noise in the area is absolutely forbidden. The area is monitored for disturbances. Please notify the staff immediately about public disturbances, tel. 017 473 000. Persons who cause a disturbance may be removed from the area.
12. Engaging in trade or related activities without permission is forbidden.
13. Disruptive use of alcoholic drinks is forbidden.
14. Respect other customers and do not cause disturbances.
15. Visiting the area is permitted only with the staff’s permission.
Cleanliness and tidiness
1. Keep your camping place environment tidy and clean it carefully upon departure.
2. Take out the trash to the provided trash cans.
3. Washing, washing clothes and drying clothes is permitted only in designated area.
4. Make sure the maintenance areas you use are left tidy.
5. Car washing and maintenance is permitted only in designated areas.
6. The emptying of a chemical toilet and grey water must be done only in the emptying facilities.
7. Leave the cottage tidy upon departure and remember to take out the trash.
8. Use electricity and water resourcefully.
9. Protect the area's nature and planting, do not throw trash on the ground.
1. Every guest is responsible for their own belongings.
2. Belongings kept in the area are the guest's responsibility.
3. The person who caused the damage is primarily responsible for compensating the damage that occurred.
A PERSON WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE AREA.